First impressions do matter!
Consider the curb appeal the first impression of your home. Is that first impression warm and inviting or is it going to send someone running for the hills? In a survey, 78% of real estate agents say poor landscaping affects property values. Meaning, when you are ready to sell, the condition of your yard could impact your bottom line. Small updates and simple up-keep will not only make your home more enjoyable for you, but it could attract potential buyers and help you get top dollar when the time comes to sell. Here are a few small things to focus on if you are just getting started:
1. Trim and Shape any hedges, bushes and trees.This tiny detail shows that you care about the up-keep of even the minor details. And if you are paying this much attention to the small things outside, the inside must receive the same attention.
2. Keep the Lawn Tidy.With kids and pets, sometimes things just get messy, even outside. Make it a point to keep your yard looking as tidy as possible at all times.
3. Remove any Dead Branches and Leaves.This can be a pain, but once you knock it out, you’ll be feeling much better about the overall look of your yard. Show off that green grass!
4. Put Down New Mulch.Mulch is a nice touch that will have you feeling like you have a brand new house! Choose a color that matches your home well and ties everything together.
5. Power-wash, Stain and Paint your deck.This is another simple touch that will have you feeling like you have a brand new house! And, with a clean and freshly painted deck, you will be more likely to keep things in order so that your hard work can shine!
Even if you don’t necessarily have a green thumb, there are other tasks you can carry out to keep your curb appeal looking sharp and clean. When the time comes that you are ready to sell, let’s connect to discuss what you should do to make sure your home catches the eye of potential buyers!